What are some of the first things expecting mothers tend to focus on right after learning of their pregnancy? We’ll let’s make a list, shall we:
- Picking out a name
- Buying baby clothes
- How the baby’s room should get decorated
- Perhaps picking up a book on parenting
- Enrolling you and your husband in Lamaze
- Making the ultimate shopping list for those cravings
Yeah, those are some typical things we can assume an expectant mother thinks about. But, let’s be honest getting chiropractic car is probably near the bottom of your list or it isn’t even on your radar, right? The truth of the matter is, if you doctor doesn’t recommend chiropractic services you should still consider this option, because a woman’s body goes through a lot of changes during pregnancy. One such major change includes your body making additional hormones to relax ligaments so the baby’s head can fit in the birth canal. Likewise, there can be added stress on your back because of these changes, causing an overgrown abdominal section, changes in posture, and sway back.
How Can Chiropractic Help Expectant Mothers?
Here are some of the benefits expectant mothers can come hope to receive from getting chiropractic therapy, according to the American Pregnancy Association:
- Helps alignment of your spinal column
- Helps with proper positioning of discs
- Helps with proper functioning of nerves without drugs or surgery
- Improves your overall health and comfort during pregnancy
- Can help to control nausea
- Has been shown to reduce labor and delivery time
- Helps relieve back, neck and joint pain
What is the Webster Technique?
The Webster Technique was a method devised to help mothers relax the pelvic ligaments and muscles aiding breech babies in turning themselves naturally. The Webster Technique has an 82 percent chance of succeeding when chiropractors applied it to expectant mother, according to the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics.
Other Benefits of Chiropractic Therapy for Expectant Mothers
The following are also some of the additional benefits that chiropractic brings to pregnant women:
- All chiropractors are trained to perform alignment adjustments on pregnant women.
- Chiropractors are also trained to perform techniques that do not affect the abdominal area or put unnecessary pressure on it.
- Chiropractors are also very instrumental in teaching pregnant women how to stretch and exercise.
Contact a Pregnancy Chiropractor at the Pinto Chiropractor Center
Have you contacted a chiropractor about your pregnancy? If not, contact the Pregnancy Chiropractor at the Pinto Chiropractor Center to plan a scheduled visit to discuss how we can make you more comfortable, relaxed, flexible, and possibly help your labor come off smoother than expected.
At our first meeting, we can discuss what options are available for you, and how we assist those who are expectant mothers. We also provide a thorough examination to determine your wellness, limitations, range of motion, and perform orthopedic and posture tests as well.
Call today at 1 (720)-485-6894 or email us using the form at the side of the screen. We look forward to making your pregnancy a memorable one that is free of health-related issues.