It’s no secret that pediatric chiropractic can serve a beneficial role in the health and rehabilitation of children with disorders and ailments. Recently, we have learned more than ever before precisely what it can treat and the treatment options available.
For starters, the Journal of Pediatric, Maternal & Family Health has conducted several studies that have concluded that chiropractic has enriched or helped treat young children with health problems.
Disorders and Ailments Treatable with Pediatric Chiropractic Services
The following disorders and ailments have been shown to be treated with pediatric chiropractic treatments:
- Childhood asthma
- Attention-Deficit-Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Preventing Ear Infections
- Toddlers can experience strain on the spine due to learning how to walk, falls, and bumps
- Misalignments in children can be caused by physical activity, chemical, and emotional stresses they encounter
There are many reasons for babies, toddlers, and children to get spinal and nerve damage that can lead to short- or even long-term disabilities. So, it’s important if there is a suspected misalignment that the child be treated as early as possible.
Pediatric Tables Catching On
It isn’t totally necessary for a chiropractor to have a pediatric table, but they do have some advantages. Those practices that have pediatric tables have more options for treating some of the problems young ones’ face. Let’s look closer at some of those benefits:
- They are shorter in length to fit smaller bodies better.
- Some pediatric chiropractic tables are designed aesthetically to appeal to young ones, making them comfortable in a sometimes otherwise uncomfortable situation.
- Chiropractors benefit from the smaller size too, for ease of use.
- Chiropractors using a drop table enjoy the drop points being in line with shorter spines to treat.
Preventative Medicine Is Also Aim of Pediatric Chiropractic
Ear infections are common in children, especially those under two years of age. Medical professionals, like Dr. Chelsea Poland from the TV segment “The Doctor is In” says pediatric chiropractic can help with immunity to disorders and ailments.1 Poland said instead of blaming germs spreading as the cause of infection, there are other issues that need to be looked into, including:
- Helps with tension on the skull and upper neck around the ears that can cause misalignment and abnormal neuromuscular function of ear tubes leading to a blockage or poor drainage.
- Helps with decreased health immunity that is closely tied to decreased gastric and neurological functions.
- Helps with poor diet and nutrition that can lead to inflamed, and mucus and fluid buildup in the ear canal.
Contact a Pediatric Chiropractor at the Pinto Chiropractor Center
Does your child seem to be misaligned, or have one of the above-mentioned conditions? If so, contact our Pediatric Chiropractor at Pinto Chiropractic to schedule an appointment to discuss treatment by calling 1 (720)-485-6894. We’ll be able to relate how pediatric chiropractic can be beneficial for your young one and that it is done with safety in mind. You can also email us using the form on the side of the screen.
“The Doctor is In: Preventing ear infections with chiropractics” published in WSAW News, February 2017.