Chiropractic care can be extremely safe and effective! In fact, the results of a recent survey1 confirm that patients agree with this statement, as about 75 percent of respondents agreed that chiropractic care is “very effective” at treating their ailment(s) – particularly when it’s causing them neck and/or back pain.
Describing this response and patients’ general perception of chiropractic care, a researcher who headed up this study, Cynthia English, explained that:
Many Americans [have] reported dealing with significant neck or back pain… Among U.S. adults who sought professional care for neck or back pain, seven in 10 (71 percent) tell us they have been to a doctor of chiropractic [care].
Given that some studies have found lower-back pain to be the number one leading cause of physical disability (not just in the U.S. but worldwide), the finding that chiropractic care can be effective at treating this pain – in a noninvasive manner that does not require the need to take prescription medication(s) – may be
How Often Are People Seeking Chiropractic Treatment?
The study (referenced above) also evaluated how often Americans are going to chiropractors for treatment and what their experiences were. Here’s a closer look at some of the most noteworthy findings:
- Nearly two-thirds of respondents confirmed that they’ve had back or neck pain serious enough to seek medical attention at some point during their adult life.
- When comparing all of the treatments and therapies available (including drugs and surgery), respondents were more likely to describe chiropractic as “very safe” and “very effective.”
- About 25 percent of the respondents had received treatment from a chiropractor at least once in the last five years.
- Nearly 36 million adults in the U.S. say they have seen a chiropractor in the last 12 months.
- About 77 percent of respondents say the treatment they received from a chiropractor was “very effective.”
- About 89 percent of those who recently visited a chiropractor say the quality of care they received was a good value for the money.
How Safe is Chiropractic Therapy?
Today, chiropractic care is hailed as being one of the safest drug-free, non-invasive treatments for those suffering neuromusculoskeletal ailments.
While pretty much any medical and alternative treatment can carry some risk, chiropractic care has enjoyed a reputation as being highly safe and effective. In fact, according to the American Chiropractic Association, some of the primary reasons that chiropractic care is safe are as follows:
- Chiropractors use precise cervical manipulations to treat head and neck pain.
- Cervical manipulations, often referred to as neck adjustments, typically restore a range of motion and reduce muscle spasm.
- Results of recent research indicate that minor soreness, stiffness or discomfort following spinal manipulation tappers off after 24 hours.
- Neck manipulation when done by an experienced, well-trained physician is considered a highly safe procedure.
Contact a Greenwood Village Chiropractor at the Pinto Chiropractor Center
Are you living with head, neck, back or other pain? If so, schedule a consult with a Greenwood Village chiropractor at the Pinto Chiropractor Center today to find out more about how we can help you. Simply call 303-499-0449 or email us using the contact form on this page. We look forward to treating and healing you!
1“According to the Gallup-Palmer College of Chiropractic Study (results published in August 2016)